Pages

If it isn't pink, what's the point?

If it isn't pink, what's the point?
My Buggy!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Galveston Part II

Leaving at 2 am for an 8 am appt. w/ Dr. Yngve, taking the whole family this time. Daddy and I will switch off driving so that we won't be so tired. Alot has happened since I posted last. I knew I wouldn't blog everyday but at least I got the blogsite started. :)

Snacks packed, size 5 and 6 diapers, a million wipes, snacks, feeding bags, juice, syringes, meds, extra clothes, chuck pads, blankies, 5 different varieties of ELMO (yes, 5) DVD, batteries for every toy, 20 toys at least, fruit snacks for bribery and LB's Hulk hand. I think I got it all. It sure seems like so many things just for one day on the road. I guess more is better with kiddos.

We had to completely cover the thumb and the pointer finger of Lena's wrist splint in hot glue so that she can't bite her hand. She amazingly has bitten a hole in the thumb and a hole in the pointer plus it looks like a tiny Pit Bull has attacked it in various places. She is something else, dramatic! MDCP RN came by yesterday and reviewed our hours for nursing care. We will find out if we have gotten them reduced or not in a couple of weeks. I would assume since she has not had any medical changes in the past year that the hours would stay the same but who knows with all the new changes in Healthcare. I don't even want to get started on the subject of Healthcare for these kids. By the way, we still cannot get her incontinence supplies covered... Children's Hospital's Foster Care Dr. said that there is no ICD 9 code for Spastic Quadraplegia on her listing for Star Health (Foster care insurance) so, she cannot sign that LB needs the diapers etc... HELLO? Are you kidding me? I have called the caseworkers for CPS, StarHealth and various other entities that are involved and have come up w/ "Bruce" telling me to make a complaint with the Insurance company. Oh boy. Will update soon as more info comes available.

We lost a very dear friend, Molly Hill age 1. I am heartbroken and sad that she leaves behind so many loving friends (and her dear family) that she had touched in the short life she shared with us. In the same breath, I am happy for her that she is running, jumping, skipping, rolling in the grass, licking lollipops and eating everything in sight in perfect health, completely whole with her creator.

No comments: